Hurricane MADNESS & Disney MANIA

(Bear with me I'm so far behind)

Living in South Florida your whole life desensitizes you to a few things. Things like alligators, ducks, bad drivers, naked Canadians (ha!), and HURRICANES!!!  Ive been through my fair share of storms but this was definitely the scariest.  We've had some other scary ones or almost scary ones, but I wasn't a Mom then.  I wasn't responsible for other people, etc. so I guess they didn't really freak me out?  I don't know.  Everyone here knows you don't freak out about a storm until its like 2-3 days away.  Well, Mrs. Irma barrelled right down the lane for our backyard. Subsequently, we had a Disney vacation already booked for the weekend she was coming :(   Decisions, Decisions...  Do we stay or should we go?!  Well we couldn't leave because we weren't really sure where it was going til the very last second.  Storm was expected to be here by late Wednesday/Thursday afternoon and I was extremely stressed the days leading up because we were SO undecided.  I told Jason we had to just decide and hope it was the right choice so we decided to go to Orlando.  The storm ended up turning at the last minute and was not a direct hit, thank goodness.  We had our fences torn down and tons of debris but that was the worst.
A Hurrication it is then!!! and what better place? A few days in the Disney bubble will do the trick before we have to return to real life messes..
The parks weren't too crowded so the lines were short, we rode everything and no tantrums! Win-win!  Austin really enjoyed seeing the characters this time, he knew everyone and was super excited to meet Buzz and Woody. Tyler was in awe of everything and the girls were their usual daring selves. All in all, not a bad way to spend a week when you lose power at home.




 

 

 

 

 


 




 

 

 



 

 




 

 

We squeezed out the last bit of Summer with Nana!  She came over to play and we took the kiddo to the splash pad!  They always love spending time with her and wanted to show off their new splash pad.



 

 



 




































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life

Search



Powered by Blogger.