Happy Birthday Madison Riley!

Six years ago, at 12:05pm, I heard your sweet cry for the very first time.  It was the best sound I had ever heard.  Right then and there, my life had changed. We spent the night staring at your precious face, thanking God for the greatest blessing.  We announced your birth to our family & friends and we became a family of three.  Six years ago, we experienced the greatest joy of our life.  
Without a doubt, the last six years have been the BEST years of my life.  Because of you, I became a Mom.  Something I always dreamed I would be.  Because of you, I learned the deepest meaning of love.  Because of you (and Ashlee, now), I strive to be the best that I can be.  You changed my life in the best way possible.  
I read somewhere that having a child is like letting your heart walk around outside of your body.  That couldn’t be MORE true.
You believe absolutely anything is possible.  You think I can do anything….and are just beginning to question if I will be around forever.
You make me want to wear a cape, to sweep you away from any tough situation, to wrap you in my arms and keep you safe. Everyday.
This weekend you turned six.
It sounds so trite to say the last 2,190 days have been blinked away, but it most definitely feels as though they have.  I blinked and you were born.  I blinked and you could walk.  I turned around to cook dinner and you were talking.  I stopped for 15 minutes to have another baby and you could sing, turn a cartwheel and read.  I ran to the grocery store and you up and graduated from preschool. (Damn grocery store)
It’s amazing to see how much you have changed in the last six years. You went from an itty bitty 6lb baby to walking, talking, precious girl with enough sass to rock a nation!  
You, my child, are a funny kid!  Your laugh is infectious and your smile can light up any dark room.  To see you make others smile and bring them such joy is an indescribable feeling for us.  
We have SO many hopes and dreams for you in this life.  I hope no matter what you do, and where you go, you will never feel alone.  I hope you always find the confidence to be whoever you want to be.  I hope you always have the courage to go after your dreams and the determination to never give up.
I hope you have compassion for others and a giving heart.  Most of all, I hope you get the MOST out of this life you have been blessed with.  You are loved, so very loved.  Happy Birthday my sweet angel.

Here are some pics from you're AWESOME Halloween Birthday Party!!
All your spooky treats!!
 Special friends!






 Painting pumpkins with all our friends!!









 Getting ready to DIG FOR BRAINS!!!!!!!!  They were all very excited about this!
 Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Bobbing for donuts!!!  Soooo hilarious!!





















Of course, there must be a round for BIG KIDS!

 We told very spooky ghost stories that the kids LOVED!!  SO GLAD we decided to add this!  (this pic looks bright, but it was just my flash, it was very dark and spooky! Ha!)
 

 Present Time!




Trick or Treating with amazing friends!!




































 Our Halloween Crew!!  Girls only!






















1 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment

Our Life

Search

My Peeps!

Powered by Blogger.